Latest U.S. News• IRS Also Targeted Pro-Life Groups: Will Media Report? - NewsBusters
We've heard a lot in the past few days about the IRS applying extra scrutiny to groups with "Tea Party" or "patriots" in their name, but it appears the unfair targeting runs deeper than that. As the Thomas More Society, a non-profit public interest law firm, first reported yesterday, the IRS harassed at least two pro-life organizations that applied for tax-exempt status as early as 2009.
Added: May 17th, 2013 3:59 AM | Share your opinion!
• Two 'known or suspected' terrorists vanished from witness program - LA Times
Two "known or suspected" terrorists who cooperated with the government and were placed in the Witness Security Program later were able to board airplanes and quietly vanish, the Justice Department's inspector general concluded in a report that was highly critical of how the government handles some of its most dangerous witnesses.
Added: May 17th, 2013 3:55 AM | Share your opinion!
• IRS Official in Charge During Tea Party Targeting Now Runs Health Care Office - ABC News
The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation.
Added: May 17th, 2013 3:54 AM | Share your opinion!
• D.C. turns on Obama - Politico
The town is turning on President Obama -- and this is very bad news for this White House. Republicans have waited five years for the moment to put the screws to Obama -- and they have one-third of all congressional committees on the case now. Establishment Democrats, never big fans of this president to begin with, are starting to speak out. And reporters are tripping over themselves to condemn lies, bullying and shadiness in the Obama administration.
Added: May 17th, 2013 3:53 AM | Share your opinion!
• IRS approved liberal groups while Tea Party in limbo - USA Today
As applications from conservative groups sat in limbo, groups with liberal-sounding names had their applications approved in as little as nine months. With names including words like "Progress" or "Progressive," the liberal groups applied for the same tax status and were engaged in the same kinds of activities as the conservative groups.
Added: May 16th, 2013 3:44 AM | Share your opinion!
• James Dobson confirms slam campaign against his group - WND
The Internal Revenue Service campaign that put a bull's-eye on "tea party" groups and those with "Constitution" or "patriot" in their name also took a swipe at Christians.
Added: May 16th, 2013 3:40 AM | Share your opinion!
• Obama to Announce Major US Nuclear Force Cuts Soon - NewsMax
President Barack Obama is set to announce a new round of strategic nuclear warhead reductions in the near future as part of a disarmament agenda that could reduce U.S. strategic warheads to as few as 1,000 weapons.
Added: May 16th, 2013 3:39 AM | Share your opinion!
• Acting director of IRS forced to resign amid furor over targeting of conservative groups - Washington Post
President Obama on Wednesday demanded and accepted the resignation of the acting commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service, Steven T. Miller, as part of a multi-pronged effort to quell controversies that threaten to dominate his second term.
Added: May 16th, 2013 3:35 AM | Share your opinion!
• Benghazi Emails Released - Wall Street Journal
More than 100 pages of emails released by the White House on Wednesday depict a protracted, frustrating and often tense debate about what should be contained in public "talking points" about last year's deadly assault in Benghazi, Libya.
Added: May 16th, 2013 3:34 AM | Share your opinion!
• Director of IRS Tax-Exempt Determinations Office Is Obama Donor - National Review
The director of the Office of Rulings and Agreements, which oversees the determinatons of tax-exempt organizations, is a donor to Barack Obama. Holly Paz donated $2,000 to Obama's 2008 campaign, according to Open Secrets, which maintains a database of individual political donations.
Added: May 16th, 2013 3:13 AM | Share your opinion!
Earlier U.S. News• Israel-related groups also pointed to IRS scrutiny
• Progressive Group: IRS Gave Us Conservative Groups' Confidential Docs
• Support for same-sex marriage now firmly above 50 percent, poll says
• FBI opens criminal probe of tax agency, audit cites disarray
• Holder says AP probe handled by deputy after he recused himself
• White House in damage control mode as potential scandals pile up
• Franklin Graham: IRS targeted us, too
• McConnell: 'We've Only Started to Scratch the Surface of This Scandal'
• IRS officials in Washington were involved in targeting of conservative groups
• Gov't obtains wide AP phone records in probe
• Insurers predict 100%-400% Obamacare rate explosion
• Gosnell guilty verdict hailed on both sides of abortion debate
• Top Obama official's brother is president of CBS News, may drop reporter over Benghazi coverage
• Biometric Database of All Adult Americans Hidden in Immigration Reform
• IRS kept shifting targets in tax-exempt groups scrutiny: report
• Tea Party Rejects IRS Apology, Republicans Vow Investigation
• Benghazi Talking Points Underwent 12 Revisions, Scrubbed of Terror Reference
• Boehner sees proof of Benghazi cover-up in Obama administration emails
• 'Beemageddon' threatens US with food disaster
• US Congress moves to close Iran sanctions loophole
• No verdict on seventh day of jury deliberation in U.S. abortion doctor case
• Poll: 61% of College-Age Students Want Government to Stay Out of Their Lives
• Colorado Will Tax Pot Up to 25% as Lawmakers Set Rules
• Gun crime has plunged, but Americans think it's up, says study
• Delaware becomes eleventh state to approve same-sex marriage