Latest World News• North Korea Fires Missiles - Wall Street Journal
North Korea on Sunday fired a short-range missile into the sea off the eastern coast of the Korean peninsula following three similar launches Saturday, again stirring tensions that had appeared to ease after recent threats directed at South Korea and the U.S.
Added: May 20th, 2013 4:19 AM | Share your opinion!
• Syria conflict: Fierce battle for key town of Qusair - BBC
Fighting has been raging in the western Syrian town of Qusair after government troops launched a major operation to seize the strategic rebel stronghold.
Added: May 20th, 2013 4:10 AM | Share your opinion!
• S.Korea deploys Israeli missile on border with North - Jerusalem Post
South Korea deployed Israeli precision-guided missiles on Yellow Sea islands bordering North Korea, Yonhap News Agency reported on Sunday.
Added: May 20th, 2013 4:09 AM | Share your opinion!
• Iran dispatches warship to shadow Gulf exercises - UK Telegraph
The frigate Jamaran cruised to within a mile of the western vessels, placing her "almost on top of" the fleet conducting exercises to secure shipping, naval sources said.
Added: May 20th, 2013 4:05 AM | Share your opinion!
• Al-Qaeda's Syrian wing takes over the oilfields once belonging to Assad - UK Telegraph
Up to 380,000 barrels of crude oil were previously produced by wells around the city of Raqqa and in the desert region to its east that are now in rebel hands - in particular Jabhat al-Nusra, the al-Qaeda off-shoot which is the strongest faction in this part of the country.
Added: May 20th, 2013 3:59 AM | Share your opinion!
• Egypt 'suffering worst economic crisis since 1930s' - UK Guardian
Egypt is suffering its worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, a former finance minister of the country and one of its leading economists have warned.
Added: May 20th, 2013 3:51 AM | Share your opinion!
• Russia knows exactly what the fuss is about - Times of Israel
What we have playing out over Syria, therefore, is a mini-confrontation between the world's only superpower, and its would-be reviving former superpower enemy. Israel's misfortune is to be caught up in the middle.
Added: May 20th, 2013 3:39 AM | Share your opinion!
• French president signs gay marriage into law - USA Today
French President Francois Hollande has signed a law authorizing gay marriage and adoption by same-sex couples, after months of nationwide protests and wrenching debate.
Added: May 20th, 2013 3:36 AM | Share your opinion!
Earlier World News• Report: Russia sends Assad 'ship killing missile'
• Experiment Brings Human Cloning One Step Closer
• Obama: U.S. preserves diplomatic, military options on Syria
• Russia sends at least 12 warships to Syria
• Al-Qaeda militants 'planned to blow up US and French embassies in Egypt'
• Series of Blasts Kill at Least 33 Across Iraq
• Powerful Blast Hits Afghan Capital
• Scientists Report First Success in Cloning Human Stem Cells
• Eurozone Recession Is Now Longest in Currency Bloc
• Worst of Euro-Zone Crisis Not Yet Over
• Man brought back to life after being clinically dead for 40 minutes
• U.S. oil boom leaves OPEC sidelined from demand growth
• In talks with Netanyahu, Putin urges restraint on Syria
• On Syrian missiles, Netanyahu may be too late
• Brotherhood sowing subversion in Gulf states
• US says it will boycott anti-nuke meetings chaired by Iran
• Saudi Arabia to punish men for converting woman to Christianity
• Two New Viruses Could Both Spark Global Outbreaks
• UN says: why not eat more insects?
• Report: More than 80,000 killed in Syria conflict
• European Commission to criminalize nearly all seeds and plants not registered with government
• Egypt 'al-Qaeda linked plot on Western embassy' foiled
• Turkey blames Syria-linked group for blasts that killed 43
• Germany and Israel both up for UN Security Council
• U.S. carrier in South Korea for war games