Christian Solidarity Worldwide
• China: civil society calls for fair trials
CSW and over 20 other civil society organisations call for a fair trial for Chinese human rights defenders.
• China Living Stone Church pastor needs medical care
A lawyer for Pastor Yang Hua has reported that he is in urgent need of medical care.
• Verdict pending for four Church of Iran members
A verdict in the trial of four members of the Church of Iran denomination in Rasht is pending after local authorities decided to refer the case to Tehran.
• Burma: UN established human rights investigation
Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW) welcomes todays landmark resolution on human rights in Burma (Myanmar) by the United Nations Human Rights Council (HRC),
• CAR: UN Expert calls for end to impunity
The United Nations Independent Expert on the Central African Republic (CAR), Ms Marie-Thrse Keita-Bocoum, has called on the CAR government and the international community to
• Vietnam Interfaith Council raises cases of concern
The Interfaith Council of Vietnam has drawn attention to attacks on two of their members, who are both religious leaders, in a statement issued on 19 March which highlighted a number of
• Sudan: EU Envoy calls for presidential pardon
Christian Solidarity Worldwide (CSW) welcomes the call by the European Union (EU) Special Envoy for the Promotion of Freedom of Religion or Belief outside the European Union for
• North Korea: ICNK backs new UN reports
The International Coalition to Stop Crimes Against Humanity in North Korea (ICNK), an alliance of human rights groups from around the world including Christian Solidarity
• Sudan: Mr Jasek released
Czech national and humanitarian worker Mr Petr Jaek, who was convicted of espionage and several other crimes alongside Sudanese clergyman
• Egypt: Coptic Father and Son Killed in Sinai
The bodies of two murdered Coptic men were found on 22 February in the city of Al-Arish in Egypts Sinai Peninsula.