• ‘We will never let terrorists win’
“WE will never, ever let the terrorists win.”
• ‘We will defeat and destroy the terrorists’
PRIME Minister Malcolm Turnbull has vowed to “defeat and destroy” terrorists in Australia in the wake of the fatal attack in London that has killed four people.
• Cops’ stunning cold case breakthrough
ONE of Australia’s longest running mysteries has had a major breakthrough with police arresting a man for the abduction and murder of a toddler at a Wollongong beach almost half a century ago.
• RUSH HOUR: Stories you need to know today
Live: Rush Hour
• Bishop: ‘Drown out the extremists’
FOREIGN Affairs Minister Julie Bishop has called for more moderate Muslims to “drown out the extremists” as she joined 67 of her peers in Washington to discuss how to fight Islamic State.
• PM’s ‘secret deal’ over child care
CHILDCARE reforms look set to pass after the Turnbull Government secured a deal with key crossbench senators.
• Family in grief over horror driveway death
THE family of a toddler who was accidentally run over in his southern NSW driveway has spoken of the “immense hole” left by the “affectionate and joyful” three-year-old’s death.
• ‘Monster of depravity’ locked up
A MAN labelled a “monster of depravity” by a Victorian judge will spend a minimum of 10 years in jail after admitting 62 child abuse charges.
• Apparently there’s a problem with this
MATESHIP. It’s a term that embodies loyalty, solidarity and camaraderie, so why are people finding this sign so offensive?
• Reith hospitalised after suspected stroke
FORMER Howard government minister Peter Reith is in hospital after a “serious medical emergency”.