• Uber driver struck with glass bottle
AN Uber driver has allegedly been assaulted by a female passenger outside The Star Casino early this morning.
• Man ‘played dead’ to survive shooting
A MELBOURNE grandfather saw a dark car and a figure moments before he was gunned down on a country bike track in northern Victoria.
• Speaker quits after allowance rort
THE speaker of the Victorian Parliament has sensationally quit after it was revealed he claimed almost $40,000 to live in Queenscliff even though he represents a suburban electorate.
• Drug overdoses at Sydney music festival
TWO people overdosed and more than two dozen people were found with drugs on the first day of a major music festival in Sydney’s southwest.
• Good samaritan stabbed in Melbourne
A GOOD Samaritan has been stabbed while helping a woman being assaulted in Southbank last night.
• Borce Ristevski’s mum defends son
KAREN Ristevski’s mother-in-law has spoken out about her mysterious death, saying her son did not kill his wife.
• Iraq venture was to ‘boost US ties’
A NEWLY declassified report says Australia’s role in the 2003 invasion of Iraq was undertaken solely to enhance the alliance with the US, it’s been reported.
• Bishop urges Irish investment
JULIE Bishop has encouraged Irish companies to invest in Northern Australia, as the two countries look to strengthen trade relations off the back of the UK’s decision to leave the European Union.
• Hanson: ‘Let this be a warning’
PAULINE Hanson has taken another stab at ‘out of touch, overpaid elites’ after Australia Post’s CEO Ahmed Fahour resigned over his $5.6m salary.
• Shannon Noll’s court no-show
SHANNON Noll has been excused from a scheduled court appearance over a scuffle with security guards outside an Adelaide strip club.