BBC (U.S. News)
• Trump executive order aims to allow Arctic drilling
The US president said he hoped the new order would create "thousands and thousands" of jobs.
• China deports US 'spy' Sandy Phan-Gillis after conviction
A businesswoman convicted of spying by China returns home after two years in detention.
• Gunpoint victim explains astonishing cool
A cashier at Jimmy John's takeaway in Kansas City, Missouri tells the BBC how he kept his astonishing cool when a robber stuck a gun in his face.
• Executed Arkansas man 'convulsed and groaned'
The United Nations condemns the "cruelty" of Arkansas' execution timetable.
• Friendly fire inquiry after US soldiers die battling IS
Sgts Joshua Rodgers, 22, and Cameron Thomas, 23, both on their third deployment to Afghanistan.
• Patrick Swayze's Dirty Dancing jacket fetches $62,500
Hundreds of other items belonging to the late US actor go under the hammer in Los Angeles.
• US growth rate hits three-year low
President Trump faces a greater challenge in meeting his growth pledge after weak data.
• John Kasich: 'Remove North Korea leadership'
Governor Kasich tells the BBC the time has come to "remove" the leaders of the North Korean regime
• 'Luxury' Fyre Festival is cancelled with ticket-holders still stranded in Bahamas
A luxury music festival in the Bahamas is postponed after reports of cancelled flights and no security.
• New website helps US women self-induce abortions
A global advocacy group launches a US abortion website amid growing concerns over abortion access.
• Michelle Obama: 'I won't run for office' for my children
"It's all well and good until you start running, and then the knives come out," said Mrs Obama.
• Trumponomics quiz
Test your knowledge of the first 100 days of Donald Trump's Presidency
• 100 days of Trump
Find out what President Trump has said about where you live since he was inaugurated in January.
• Dividing line
Donald Trump's promise to build a wall along the US-Mexico border still faces a lot of obstacles.
• What next?
BBC defence and diplomatic correspondent Jonathan Marcus answers your questions on US-North Korea tensions.
• Grassroots resistance
Across America, Democrats are hoping to win Republican heartlands in President Trump's first major electoral test.
• Blooming marvellous!
Following years of drought, California's deserts have erupted with a "super bloom" of wildflowers visible even from space.
• In the small print
Donald Trump is expected to announce a tax plan that would lower rates for businesses.
• A warm homecoming
The 44th president returns to Chicago trying to inspire the nation’s youth to be more civic-minded.
• Taking toll
A recent study found that white middle-aged Americans are dying faster than blacks and Hispanics. But the reality is not quite what it seems.