• How childcare subsidies will change (AAP)
The federal government will be overhauling childcare subsidies from mid-2018 after its package passed parliament.
• Man dies in Perth skydiving accident (AAP)
A man in his 30s has been killed at a national skydiving event east of Perth after his canopy became tangled mid-air.
• Elderly man dies in Sydney unit blaze (AAP)
An elderly man has died following a fire at a unit in Sydney's west.
• Cyclone expected to intensify off WA coast (AAP)
Tropical Cyclone Caleb is hovering over open waters off the WA coastline, but forecasters say it will gradually weaken from Saturday.
• Man killed at national skydiving event held in WA (Yahoo7 News)
A man has died after a skydiving accident at a national event held in WA.
• Extremist dad killed mum in front of kids (AAP)
A Melbourne man who wanted to fight for Islamic State slaughtered his wife in front of their three little children, police court documents allege.
• ASIC reviewing Harvey Norman's accounts (AAP)
Harvey Norman has confirmed the corporate regulator is conducting a routine review of its 2016 financial year accounts.
• High chance of north Qld cyclone forming (AAP)
The Bureau of Meteorology has confirmed there is a high chance a low pressure system will develop into a tropical cyclone this weekend.
• The day in federal parliament (AAP)
What's on the agenda for federal parliament on Thursday.
• SA resident injured in UK terror attack (AAP)
A German woman who had been living in South Australia is among those injured in the London terror attack which killed at least four people.
• Labor like a 'pimply teenager' on budget (AAP)
Treasurer Scott Morrison and Labor have traded insults over budget repair during a heated parliamentary question time.
• Muslim ban to solve terror problem: Hanson (AAP)
Pauline Hanson has hijacked London terror attack sympathies by calling for a Muslim ban to "solve the problem".
• NSW priest charged with child sex abuse (AAP)
A NSW Catholic priest has been stood aside from the ministry after being charged over the sexual assault of a boy between 1979 and 1980.
• WA cop defends Rayney arrest (AAP)
An officer has defended the arrest of Lloyd Rayney when he was named as the only suspect in his wife's murder.
• NSW man remanded in Qld on torture charges (AAP)
A NSW man has been remanded in Brisbane over the alleged torture and kidnapping of a man in 2012.
• Man dies after car and truck crash in Qld (AAP)
A man has reportedly died after a small car and truck crashed in Queensland's Wide Bay region.
• Sydney residents mop up after wild storm (AAP)
Emergency crews have spent the day mopping up after a severe storm ripped through western Sydney, leaving thousands of people without power.
• Politicians pledge solidarity with Britain (AAP)
Australians are standing in solidarity with Britain after the deadly terror attack in London, Malcolm Turnbull, Bill Shorten and other MPs say.
• Vic security boosted after London terror (AAP)
Security is being boosted across Melbourne after a terrorist attack in London left at least four people dead.
• Nats senator to cross floor on banks probe (AAP)
Nationals senator John "Wacka" Williams will cross the floor to support a rare parliamentary inquiry into the financial sector.