• Former Vic teacher admits 1970s sex abuse (AAP)
A former teacher has admitted indecently assaulting five young boys during camping trips around Victoria in the 1970s.
• Memorial for Vic plane crash victims (AAP)
The Melbourne shopping centre hit by a plane in a crash that killed all five men on board reopened on Friday with a memorial site for the victims.
• Cousins refused bail over stalking, drugs (AAP)
Former West Coast Eagles captain Ben Cousins has faced court on new charges related to drugs and family violence.
• NSW doctor's 'error' behind death: court (AAP)
Former doctor Graeme Reeves' negligence was a major factor in the death of a mother after she gave birth in 1996, a Sydney court has heard.
• Cuts to welfare, business tax on agenda (AAP)
Malcolm Turnbull and Bill Shorten will resume hostilities next week when parliament debates business tax cuts and welfare savings to pay for child care reforms.
• Hang-glider crashes on Sunshine Coast (AAP)
Paramedics are treating a man in his 20s following a hang-gliding accident on the Sunshine Coast.
• RAAF Spartan launches Avalon Air Show (AAP)
A Royal Australian Air Force battlefield air lifter has flown over Melbourne as the city prepares for the 2017 Avalon Air Show.
• Victorian premier stands by Speaker (AAP)
Victoria's premier is backing his Speaker, who is repaying more than $37,000 claimed for living outside his electorate.
• Netanyahu, Berejiklian meet for talks (AAP)
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has met Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Sydney for their first official bilateral talks.
• Electricity prices tipped to rise in Qld (AAP)
Electricity prices for regional Queensland households are tipped to rise by an average of $25 a year in 2017-18.
• WA beach warning after shark encounter (AAP)
A surfer has told authorities his board was struck by a two-metre shark, prompting them to issue a safety warning for the beach south of Perth.
• Vic rape trial dropped against Wild family (AAP)
Three men from the same family will not stand trial over allegations they raped a 14-year-old Victorian girl.
• Shannon Noll a no-show at Adelaide court (AAP)
Reporters waited eagerly outside an Adelaide court for Shannon Noll to appear over an alleged assault but the singer was excused from the hearing.
• Vic child rapist's appeal thrown out (AAP)
A Melbourne man jailed for raping a girl during her 10th birthday party has unsuccessfully tried to appeal his conviction.
• Vic man admits to murdering woman (AAP)
Christian Bain-Singh, 23, has pleaded guilty to the murder of 34-year-old Rani Featherstone in April 2014.
• ACT axe murderer jailed for 26 years (AAP)
Marcus Rappel has been jailed for at least 26 years for murdering Tara Costigan with an axe in anger over a domestic violence order.
• Tax rates impact on investment: RBA (AAP)
The head of the Reserve Bank says some companies will invest elsewhere if Australia does not cut company tax rates.
• Car mounts Sydney kerb, slams into woman (AAP)
A female pedestrian is in a critical condition with head and limb injuries after being hit by a car in Sydney, while a child in a pram escaped uninjured.
• Teenager jailed over SA girlfriend murder (AAP)
A man has been jailed for at least 10 years for killing his girlfriend in South Australia.
• Qld charity worker charged with fraud (AAP)
A charity worker has been charged with multiple fraud and theft offences after she allegedly stole from a Queensland organisation and harassed a witness.