• Baby's death takes Melbourne toll to five (AAP)
Police have confirmed that a three-month-old boy has died, lifting the death toll from Melbourne's car attack on pedestrians to five.
• Attempted murder-accused pleads not guilty (AAP)
Ahmed El-Badawi, 23, is fighting police allegations he shot a man in Sydney's west on Wednesday night.
• Man was to face court on Vic rampage day (AAP)
Dimitrious "Jimmy" Gargasoulas was due to face court on Friday, the same day as his alleged deadly rampage through Melbourne's CBD.
• Turnbull congratulates Trump (AAP)
Malcolm Turnbull has congratulated Donald Trump on officially becoming the 45th President of the United States.
• Indecent act on sunbaking woman in Sydney (AAP)
A man has been charged after an alleged act of indecency on a sunbaking woman last year.
• Aussie women join post-inauguration march (AAP)
Australian marches for human rights and women's equality are among hundreds planned across the world following Donald Trump's presidential inauguration.
• Man, 79, pinned to fence by ute in NSW (AAP)
A 79-year-old pinned against a fence by a ute in the Blue Mountains has died.
• Two dead in Qld head-on collision (AAP)
Two car passengers and a motorcyclist have died in separate accidents on Queensland's roads.
• Man accused of performing 'indecent act' in front of sunbaking women denied bail (Yahoo7 News)
“You could see in his face that there’s madness in him, by his smile. He was very smug, he didn't care I drew attention to him.”
• Tributes flow for four killed in Vic (AAP)
Floral tributes continue to build in Melbourne's Bourke Street mall to remember the four killed and the many injured by a rogue driver on Friday.
• Bushfire brought under control at Coolum (AAP)
Police have revoked an emergency at Coolum after a large fire has been contained in the area.
• Qld man arrested over up to 12 sex attacks (AAP)
Police believe a Gold Coast man could be responsible for 12 sex attacks dating back to 2005.
• Storms provide heatwave relief in SE Qld (AAP)
Southeast Queenslanders have finally felt some relief from a second round of heatwave conditions, with storms sweeping through the region.
• NSW man dies after being thrown from car (AAP)
Police believe speed was a factor in a crash that left a 36-year-old man dead in NSW.
• Rockfisherman dies after group NSW rescue (AAP)
A man, believed to be his 50s, has died after a group of rockfishermen were swept into water in NSW.
• Men armed with axes rob Qld petrol station (AAP)
Two men wielding axes have robbed a service station in Brisbane's north.
• Car ploughs into home in SE Qld (AAP)
A 27-year-old man has been charged after a car ploughed into a house in southeast Queensland, causing extensive damage.
• Man dies, two injured in Vic bike smash (AAP)
A man has died and two people have been injured after a motorbike clipped a car in Melbourne.
• Man mauled by shark in Torres Strait (AAP)
A man has suffered significant blood loss after being mauled by shark in the Torres Strait.
• Mum of rogue Vic driver 'ashamed' (AAP)
The mother of the man alleged to have killed four people by driving a car into pedestrians in Melbourne's CBD says she's ashamed.