JERUSALEM, ISRAEL (Worthy News)– Israel carried out targeted and pinpointed strikes against 34 terror targets throughout the Gaza Strip last night, as Hamas warned against waging war saying it would "open the gates of hell."
The Israel Air Force (IAF) in overnight strikes hit a Hamas complex in Rafah that acted as a command center, Hamas residential structures and a weapons storage facility.
The objective of the operations was to "to prevent the continuation of rocket fire at Israel. If we see Hamas heading towards a confrontation, we'll go there," an IDF source told Ynet.
Over the past few weeks, rockets fired out of Gaza has intensified with at least 60 rockets fired into Israel.
"If Hamas's aim is to escalate, we will act accordingly," a senior security source told the Jerusalem Post.
ISRAEL MOURNS THE LOSS, BLAMES HAMAS
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called an emergency cabinet meeting last night after the bodies of the abducted three teenagers were discovered.
"With heavy grief, this evening we found three bodies. All signs indicate that they are the bodies of our three abducted youths — Eyal Yifrach, Gilad Shaar and Naftali Frankel," Netanyahu said at the beginning of an emergency cabinet meeting.
"They were abducted and murdered in cold blood by human animals. On behalf of the entire Jewish people, I would like to tell the dear families –- the mothers, fathers, grandmothers and grandfathers, and brothers and sisters –- we are deeply saddened, the entire nation weeps with you. We will give the boys a proper burial," Netanyahu said.
"Hamas is responsible, and Hamas will pay," Netanyahu said in a statement.
HAMAS THREATENS TO OPEN THE GATES OF HELL
Hamas spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri said Israel bears responsibility for the latest escalation in the Gaza Strip.
"[Prime Minister Binyamin] Netanyahu should know that his threats don't scare Hamas," Abu Zuhri said. "If he wages war on the Gaza Strip, the gates of hell will be opened."
GAZA STRIP OPERATION PLANNED
On Sunday, Israel's Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman said Israel should consider a larger military operation into Gaza re-taking control of the Strip.
"We have to decide if we are heading to a scenario of re-taking full control of the strip," Liberman said in an interview with Army Radio. "We've seen that a limited operation just strengthens Hamas, so the alternative is clear. There is no scenario in between."
Meanwhile, the IDF is preparing plans for a large-scale operation in the Gaza Strip.
"We're preparing a plan to advance an operation in the Strip. The objective is to avoid escalation and act responsibly," an IDF source told Ynet News.
Two well-known Hamas operatives, Amar Abu-Eisha, 33, and Marwan Kawasmeh, 29, are prime suspects in the death of the three Israeli teenagers. Military officials vowed the search for them would continue.
Three Palestinians were arrested in overnight operations that continued in the West Bank.
The IDF also confirmed that a Palestinian, Yousouf Ibrahim abu Zagha, 19, had been killed after throwing a grenade at the IDF during a raid in the Jenin refugee camp.
Since the beginning of Operation Brother's Keepers, over 400 Palestinians have been arrested, most of them Hamas operatives.