· Hurricane Maria: British overseas territories warnedPosted on Tuesday September 19, 2017Montserrat and the British Virgin Islands could be hit by the hurricane, less than two weeks after Irma.
· Fire crews tackle White Hart Lane blazePosted on Tuesday September 19, 2017More than 100 firefighters are tackling a burning warehouse in north London.
· Nerf guns can lead to serious eye injuries, doctors warnPosted on Monday September 18, 2017Medics said they had treated patients with internal bleeding around the eye and blurred vision.
· Rochdale Council's child abuse failings 'unforgiveable'Posted on Tuesday September 19, 2017Abuse at a school and a hostel "cast a long shadow over the town", says the council boss.
· King George Dock: 'Major' hydrochloric acid leak in HullPosted on Tuesday September 19, 2017The leaking tank, near to the River Hull, contained 580 tonnes of hydrochloric acid.
· UK 'biggest audience' in Europe for jihadist web contentPosted on Monday September 18, 2017Britain is the fifth-biggest audience in the world for extremist content, a study finds.
· Abandoned 999 calls to police more than doublePosted on Tuesday September 19, 2017A Police Federation chief says resources are at a critical level and public safety has been compromised.
· Housing money wasted 'propping up rents'Posted on Monday September 18, 2017There are calls for changes to the way the lack of affordable housing is tackled in England.
· Ken Clarke: Boris Johnson exploiting May's weaknessPosted on Tuesday September 19, 2017Pro-EU Tory MP Ken Clarke says Boris Johnson should have been sacked for his Brexit article.
· Parsons Green bombing: Police get more time to question suspectsPosted on Monday September 18, 2017They are believed to be an 18-year-old Iraqi orphan and 21-year-old Yahyah Farroukh from Syria.