Islamic Jihad says Gaza blast death toll rises to 12, vows to continue developing tunnels


(Worthy News) – A Palestinian militant group in the Gaza Strip on Friday said that five more of its members, who were previously thought to be missing, died when Israel destroyed a cross-border tunnel earlier this week, raising the number of deceased in the incident to 12.

Islamic Jihad said that the five militants had been digging the tunnel leading into Israeli territory “for years.” In the 2014 Gaza war, Islamic Jihad and Hamas militants used tunnels to wage attacks against Israel. “We announce that five heroes from the al-Quds Brigades have risen to heaven,” the al-Quds Brigades, Islamic Jihad’s armed wing, said in a statement.

The group’s statement came after Israel denied authorities in Gaza immediate access to the Gaza-Israel border area, where the militants were thought to be located. Israel controls a buffer zone near its frontier with the Strip. [ Source: Jerusalem Post (Read More…) ]

13
people are currently praying.

💡 Did you know? One of the best ways you can support Worthy News is by simply leaving a comment and sharing this article.

📢 Social media algorithms push content further when there’s more engagement — so every 👍 like, 💬 comment, and 🔄 share helps more people discover the truth. 🙌

Latest Worthy News

Massive Hong Kong Tower Fire Sparks Manslaughter Arrests
More Bodies Found After Deadly Floods, Landslides In Indonesia
Poland Resists EU Court Order On Same-Sex Marriage Recognition
Orbán Expected To Visit Moscow For Talks With Putin, But Trip Remains Unconfirmed (Worthy News Focus)
Two National Guardsmen Critically Wounded in Ambush Near White House; Suspect Identified as Afghan Immigrant Who Entered U.S. in 2021
Four Christian Workers Abducted In Pakistan After Seeking Lawful Wages
Trump Claims ‘Real Progress’ On Ending War In Ukraine; Russia Makes ‘Concessions’
Pentagon Investigating US Senator Over ‘Breaches of Military Law’ (Worthy News Focus)
Over 300 Catholic Students Kidnapped In Nigeria As Updated Figures Reveal Worst Attack In Years (Worthy News In-Depth)
Fair Use Notice:This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Worthy Christian News