by Jordan Hilger, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) - Amidst conflicting reports about its details, President Trump said Monday that his administration's plan for Middle East peace would be presented before new Israeli elections in September.
So far, only the economic portion of the plan has been released, with Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner having presented an offer of $50 billion worth of investments in Palestinian development projects in June.
As for the timing of the political portion's release, Trump said the deal itself "won't be [made] before the election" on September 17th, "but I think you may see what the deal is before the election."
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu won the Israeli elections in April, but failed to form a coalition in Israel's parliamentary system when secular conservative leader Avigdor Liberman refused to join and give Netanyahu the majority of seats necessary for a ruling coalition.
Reports have varied in the extreme about the details of the plan, with Israel Channel 13 news having reported in January that the plan will form a Palestinian state with its capital in east Jerusalem, and ask Israel to vacate 90% of its settlements in Judea and Samaria.
Other reports from US officials have guaranteed Israeli sovereignty and promised the Palestinians only "autonomy" rather than a state, while Netanyahu himself has stipulated privately to Trump that no Israeli settlements and no part of Jerusalem will be conceded.