Trump warns schools may lose federal funding if they teach the “1619 project”


by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent

donald trump worthy ministries

(Worthy News) – President Donald Trump announced Sunday that schools that incorporate the New York Times’ “1619 Project” may lose federal funding, Zero Hedge reports. Created by NYT reporter Nikole Hannah-Jones in 2019, the “1619 project” is an ongoing initiative which “aims to reframe [America’s] history by placing the consequences of slavery and the contributions of black Americans at the very center of [The United States’] national narrative.”

The 1619 project has been criticized by historians for inaccuracies, which currently remain uncorrected. Such criticism has been leveled by the project’s fact-checker, historian and professor at North Western University Leslie M. Harris as well.
Although she described the project as “a much-needed corrective to the blindly celebratory histories,” Harris wrote in Politico she had advised the creator it was inaccurate to suggest the American Revolution was fought to protect slavery rather than for independence from Britain. However, there was reportedly no response to the criticism. “On August 19 of last year I listened in stunned silence as Nikole Hannah-Jones, a reporter for the New York Times, repeated an idea that I had vigorously argued against,” Harris wrote.

According to Zero Hedge, the Department of Education in California has drafted a model to include parts of this project in its history courses. Schools in Washington D.C. and Chicago, among others, have also incorporated the project in their curriculum, Zero Hedge said.

In a tweet Sunday, Trump said the Department of Education is investigating the use of the project in schools and added: “If so, they will not be funded!” The president was responding to his understanding that California has implemented study of parts of the project in its public schools. “Soon you won’t recognize [A]merica,” Trump said.

15
people are currently praying.

💡 Did you know? One of the best ways you can support Worthy News is by simply leaving a comment and sharing this article.

📢 Social media algorithms push content further when there’s more engagement — so every 👍 like, 💬 comment, and 🔄 share helps more people discover the truth. 🙌

Latest Worthy News

IDF Reports 60% of Terror Infrastructure Destroyed in Southern Lebanon
Jailed Chinese Pastor Becomes Symbol of Beijing’s Crackdown on Christianity
Trump Weighs Restricting Taiwan Arms Package After China Summit, Drawing Pushback From Taipei and Congress
TrumpRx Expanding, Offering Generic Prescription Drugs
Class Action Says Hisense Chinese TVs Spying On Americans
Pakistan Sends 8,000 Troops, Fighter Jets to Saudi Arabia Under Defense Pact
Trump Calls Off Planned Iran Strike, Citing ‘Serious Negotiations’ With Gulf Allies
Netanyahu Says IDF Now Controls 60% of Gaza as Israel Tightens Grip on Hamas
Israeli Forces Strike More Than 30 Hezbollah Sites as Fighting Continues in Southern Lebanon
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. All rights reserved.

If you are interested in articles produced by Worthy News, please check out our FREE sydication service available to churches or online Christian ministries. To find out more, visit Worthy Plugins.

Worthy Christian News