NYC Mayor to deploy extra police and approve $105 million new police precinct


by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent

new york manhattan worthy news

(Worthy News) – In a departure from his ‘defund police’ stance of last year, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announced Monday that he will deploy additional officers to the city’s tourist spots and will approve $105 million for a new NYPD police precinct, Daily Wire reports.

During an interview with Reuters, de Blasio said extra officers from the Critical Response Command (CRC) will be sent to patrol Times Square after three people, including a child, were injured in a recent shooting, DW reports.

The mayor is reportedly keen to assure visitors that the city is safe as it reopens after COVID-19 lockdown.“We’re putting additional NYPD resources in the Times Square area to add an extra measure of protection,” De Blasio told Reuters. “It will be use of our CRC officers in Times Square. You’ll see additional presence.”

The move to deploy additional officers is a change of policy for the mayor: following the killing of George Floyd last year, De Blasio had promised to defund NYC’s law enforcement operating budget by $1.5 billion, DW reports. Moreover, the mayor canceled plans for a new NYPD precinct in Queens.

However, earlier this month, the mayor said the new precinct project would go ahead and he pledged $105 million for it. “This is something that for decades the community asked for,” de Blasio said at a press conference.

8
people are currently praying.

💡 Did you know? One of the best ways you can support Worthy News is by simply leaving a comment and sharing this article.

📢 Social media algorithms push content further when there’s more engagement — so every 👍 like, 💬 comment, and 🔄 share helps more people discover the truth. 🙌

Latest Worthy News

U.S. Removes Highly Enriched Uranium From Venezuela in Secret Nuclear Security Mission
Netanyahu, Trump Discuss Iran War Options as Tensions Rise After UAE Nuclear Plant Drone Strike
Franklin Graham Says ‘God Did A Miracle’ In Belarus After Largest Evangelical Rally In Nation’s History
WHO Declares Congo-Uganda Ebola Outbreak International Emergency After 80 Deaths
Hungary’s PM Magyar Opens Orbán’s Former Luxury Office Complex To Public (Worthy News In-Depth)
Israel Targets Hamas Leader In Gaza Airstrike Amid Fragile Ceasefire
Suspected Islamist Militants Attack Nigerian School; Dozens Of Students Missing
Federal Court Blocks Texas Border Security Law, Abbott To Appeal
U.S. Announces 45-Day Extension of Lebanon Ceasefire as Hezbollah Fighting Continues Along Israel’s Northern Border
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. All rights reserved.

If you are interested in articles produced by Worthy News, please check out our FREE sydication service available to churches or online Christian ministries. To find out more, visit Worthy Plugins.

Worthy Christian News