Bangladesh: 91 year-old Christian murdered in suspected revenge attack


by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent

india worthy christian news

(Worthy News) – A 91-year-old Christian villager was drugged and killed in southern Bangladesh last month, in what is believed to have been a revenge attack on his family for giving evidence in a rape case against a Muslim man, Asia News reports. The killing of Malkam D’Costa at his home in the village of Padrishibpur, Barisal triggered angry protests among local Bangladeshi Christians, who say they are persecuted as a minority faith group in their Islamic-majority country.

Last year, a neighbor of Malkam D ‘Costa in the village of was drugged and raped while she was at home alone, Asia News said. The woman reported the crime and a Muslim man, Mohammad Alam, was arrested and charged. At the trial, Malkam D ’Costa’s son testified on the woman’s behalf.

Malkam’s family believe he was murdered because his son gave evidence against Alam. During the attack in which Malkam was killed, five other members of his family were also drugged and were hospitalized as a result.

On February 1, around 100 Christians held a protest in Padrishibpur, Asia News said. The protestors shouted slogans such as: “We want justice” and “Brother Malkam is in the grave, why are his killers still out?”

Speaking to Asia News, protestor Andrio D’Costa said: “We Christians are citizens of this country, but they persecute us because we are a minority,” he said. “We want to live peacefully and see the perpetrators of this murder punished.

12
people are currently praying.

💡 Did you know? One of the best ways you can support Worthy News is by simply leaving a comment and sharing this article.

📢 Social media algorithms push content further when there’s more engagement — so every 👍 like, 💬 comment, and 🔄 share helps more people discover the truth. 🙌

Latest Worthy News

Senate Republicans Eye Talking Filibuster to Advance SAVE America Act
U.S. Airlifts First Microreactor in Nuclear Deployment Milestone
U.S. Orders MOP Bunker-Buster Bombs to Rebuild Stockpile
Trump Orders Federal Intervention After Massive Potomac River Sewage Spill
Netanyahu: Hamas Must Surrender All Weapons or Face Renewed War
Pentagon to Deploy 200 Troops to Nigeria Amid Escalating Terror Threat
SpaceX Shuts Down Russian Starlink Access, Dealing Moscow Battlefield Blow
Ancient Second Temple Workshop Uncovered on Mount Scopus After Antiquities Raid
Iran Launches Strait of Hormuz Naval Drills as U.S. Expands Carrier “Armada” Amid Nuclear Talks
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. All rights reserved.

If you are interested in articles produced by Worthy News, please check out our FREE sydication service available to churches or online Christian ministries. To find out more, visit Worthy Plugins.

Worthy Christian News