Yemen: Al-Qaeda confirms senior leader killed in US airstrike


by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent

Yemen Christian News

(Worthy News) – The al-Qaeda Islamic terror organization has confirmed that Hamad bin Hamoud al-Tamimi, a senior leader at one of the group’s most dangerous bases, was killed in a US airstrike on Yemen last month, AFP reports.

US attacks on the Al-Qaeda insurgency in Yemen began after the terror attack on the World Trade Center and Pentagon on September 11, 2001, intensifying until the Yemeni government declared open war on Al Qaeda in 2010 and continuing to this day.

The US regards Al Qaeda’s Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) branch as one of the group’s most dangerous strongholds: AQAP has waged jihadist terror amid the devastating chaos of Yemen’s eight-year-long civil war. In addition to dealing with AQAP, the Saudi-backed government has been fighting Iran-backed Houthi rebels in a crushing war that has killed tens of thousands of people and displaced millions.

Security and local government sources had told AFP last week that Tamimi was killed during a US drone strike on his home in Marib province, northern Yemen on February 26.

In a statement confirming Tammimi’s death, Al Qaeda said the leader had been a top “media official” who had “previously managed external operations in the group, including those striking American interests,” from the AQAP branch in Yemen, AFP reports.

7
people are currently praying.

💡 Did you know? One of the best ways you can support Worthy News is by simply leaving a comment and sharing this article.

📢 Social media algorithms push content further when there’s more engagement — so every 👍 like, 💬 comment, and 🔄 share helps more people discover the truth. 🙌

Latest Worthy News

Massive Hong Kong Tower Fire Sparks Manslaughter Arrests
More Bodies Found After Deadly Floods, Landslides In Indonesia
Poland Resists EU Court Order On Same-Sex Marriage Recognition
Orbán Expected To Visit Moscow For Talks With Putin, But Trip Remains Unconfirmed (Worthy News Focus)
Two National Guardsmen Critically Wounded in Ambush Near White House; Suspect Identified as Afghan Immigrant Who Entered U.S. in 2021
Four Christian Workers Abducted In Pakistan After Seeking Lawful Wages
Trump Claims ‘Real Progress’ On Ending War In Ukraine; Russia Makes ‘Concessions’
Pentagon Investigating US Senator Over ‘Breaches of Military Law’ (Worthy News Focus)
Over 300 Catholic Students Kidnapped In Nigeria As Updated Figures Reveal Worst Attack In Years (Worthy News In-Depth)
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. All rights reserved.

If you are interested in articles produced by Worthy News, please check out our FREE sydication service available to churches or online Christian ministries. To find out more, visit Worthy Plugins.

Worthy Christian News