UN estimates 1 million refugees will flee violence in Sudan by October


by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent

sudan worthy ministries map

(Worthy News) – The United Nations warned Tuesday that the intensifying violence in Sudan is likely to cause more than one million refugees to flee the country by October, the Associated Press reports.

Violence broke out in mid-April between the Sudanese military led by Gen. Abdel-Fattah Burhan, and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces, led by Gen. Mohammed Hamdan Dagalo. So far, more than 3,000 people have been killed and 2.5 million have been displaced.

The Sudanese capital city of Khartoum has been at the epicenter of the violence, RSF and Arab militias are reportedly attacking non-Arab tribes in western Darfur, AP reports. In a statement this week, the leader of the African Masalit ethnic community said the RSF and Arab militias are “committing genocide against African civilians.”

Most of those who have already escaped the violence in Sudan have gone east to Chad, AP reports. “We were talking about 100,000 people in six months (fleeing to) Chad, Raouf Mazou, assistant secretary-general at United Nations High Commission for Refugees, said at a news conference in Geneva. “And now the colleagues in Chad have revised their figures to 245,000,” Mazou said.

Although there have been nine broken ceasefires since the fighting started, Burhan and Dagalo each announced a truce to honor Muslim festival of Eid al-Adha which began this week, AP reports.

7
people are currently praying.

💡 Did you know? One of the best ways you can support Worthy News is by simply leaving a comment and sharing this article.

📢 Social media algorithms push content further when there’s more engagement — so every 👍 like, 💬 comment, and 🔄 share helps more people discover the truth. 🙌

Latest Worthy News

European Spy Chiefs Doubt 2026 Ukraine Peace Deal Despite Trump Optimism
British Police Detain Ex-Prince Andrew Over Epstein Ties And Raid Royal Properties
Minor Christian Girl Abducted In Pakistan After Child Marriage Ban Signed Into Law (Worthy News Investigation)
U.S. Trade Deficit Remains Near Record High as Imports Surge Despite Tariffs
U.K. Blocks U.S. Use of Key Bases for Potential Strikes on Iran
Trump Launches ‘Board of Peace’ as $17 Billion Pledged for Gaza, Decision on Iran Looms
Trump Weighs Limited Strike on Iran as Nuclear Deadline Looms
FBI Director Says Bureau Uncovered ‘Significant’ Antifa Funding Streams
Iran Closes Airspace Ahead of Planned Missile Launches as U.S. Imposes New Sanctions
Copyright 1999-2025 Worthy News. All rights reserved.

If you are interested in articles produced by Worthy News, please check out our FREE sydication service available to churches or online Christian ministries. To find out more, visit Worthy Plugins.

Worthy Christian News