Since April of this year, several Coptic Christian young women have recently been reported missing from various communities around Egypt in what World Watch Monitor calls a recurring phenomenon.
It was a year ago this week that twin suicide bombings struck two churches in Egypt killing 45 people.
Following the closure of a number of churches in recent weeks, Coptic Christians in the south of Egypt have renewed calls on local authorities for an end to discrimination.
The remains have been unearthed of 21 Coptic Christians beheaded by jihadists on a Libyan beach two years ago, the interior ministry said on Saturday.
A 16-year-old Coptic Christian girl kidnapped on 28 June to be 'converted to Islam, then married off or sold', was released and returned to her family on 30 September after police found her and arrested her kidnappers in a city just outside Cairo.
Extreme Muslim groups, with the assistance of Egyptian police, are carrying out a systematic strategy of kidnapping Coptic Christian young women, according to a report by World Watch Monitor.
International Christian Concern (ICC) has learned that on September 14, a Muslim mob in the village of Tawa in Minya attacked the local Coptic Christian community. Homes, businesses, and cars were destroyed and three Copts suffered minor injuries. These attacks were in retaliation against a Facebook post which was widely shared among Christians. The author, a 22-year-old Christian resident of Tawa named Bassem, had written the post in May following the deadly attack by Islamic extremists against a caravan of Coptic Christians traveling to the Monastery of St. Samuel the Confessor.
On a Friday afternoon late last month, a young woman was killed over a cross after she drove to the Ain Shams neighborhood of Cairo to deliver food and medicine to the elderly, according to International Christian Concern.
The bodies of seven Egyptian Christians who were working in Libya were discovered Monday morning in a suburb east of Benghazi. The bodies were found with their hands bound and Morning Star News reported that each man had been shot in the head, strongly suggesting that they had all been executed.
Although Egypt's Christian leaders are urging the faithful to support the country's new constitution for the sake of national stability, detractors claim that it fosters a medieval Islamic supremacy within the framework of a modern Egyptian society, according to Morning Star News.
A pogrom against Christians is in keeping with the Muslim Brotherhood's supremacist ideology, but according to PJ Media's Andrew McCarthy, that pogrom says more about Egypt than the Brotherhood because this murderous Muslim movement came out of Egypt's own Islamist culture.
After the ouster of Egypt's Muhammad Morsi, many of his followers took out their frustrations against the Christian houses of worship, schools and orphanages of Minya Governorate, according to AsiaNews.