By Joseph DeCaro, Worthy News Correspondent
BANGUI, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC (Worthy News)– As of Tuesday, sectarian fighting in the Central African Republic town of Boda has left at least 75 dead, a local priest told the BBC.
Father Cassien Kamatari said that most of the confirmed dead were Christians since many of the Muslims killed there were buried immediately after the attacks.
There have been many other reports of revenge attacks on Christians after Muslim fighters withdrew from the capital at Bangui last month following the resignation of their leader, Michel Djotodia, who had usurped the presidency of CAR by a coup in March.
Kamatari said the attack in Boda — 60 miles west of Bangui — started after heavily-armed Muslims erected barricades around the town and then began killing its Christians, murdering 75 and wounding many more.
At press time, Kamatari's parish was sheltering 1,500 civilians.
France currently has 1,600 troops in CAR to reinforce 4,000 soldiers from other African states; they are all working together to stem the sectarian violence that to date has caused almost a million residents to abandon their homes.