Worthy Christian News » Pope Francis Met Televangelists Kenneth Copeland and James Robison (Video)

christian news

VATICAN CITY (Worthy News)– A delegation of evangelicals led by televangelists Kenneth Copeland and James Robison met with Pope Francis for three hours last week at the Vatican.

The meeting was set up by Bishop Tony Palmer, a bishop of the Anglican Episcopal Church in the United Kingdom. Last January, Palmer addressed a Kenneth Copeland pastor's conference calling for unity between Catholics and Protestants.

"This meeting was a miracle," Robison told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. "This is something God has done. God wants his arms around the world. And he wants Christians to put his arms around the world by working together."

Over the past few years, Robison has led several conferences with evangelicals and Catholics working toward an ecumenical understanding. Robison along with Catholic philosopher Jay W. Richards wrote a book entitled, "Indivisible."

Earlier this month, mega-church speaker Joel Osteen, also met with the Pope saying, "I love the fact that's he's made the Church more inclusive, not trying to make it smaller, but to try to make it larger — to take everybody in. So, that just resonates with me."

However, critics have expressed concerns about the recent ecumenical gatherings, stating that ecumenicism is far from biblical and point to the understanding that the last religious ruler termed the "False Prophet" by many will gather the world into a false "one world religion."

Over the past month, Pope Francis has been setting historical precedents beginning with his trip to Israel.  It was the first time an entourage led by the Pope included both a Jew and a Muslim.  Just a few weeks ago, the Pope led a prayer vigil with Israeli leader Shimon Peres, and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas at the Vatican.  It was then that Islamic prayers and readings from the Quran were heard in the Vatican for the first time.

Critics warn that Bishop Palmer's message delivered in January to a Copeland Pastor's conference spoke of the "spirit of Elijah" and the heart of God is to return back to the Father. However, Palmer spoke of did not speak of a return to God, but a return to the Catholic Church. As Palmer expounded saying, "If you're born again, you're all Catholics."

Copyright 1999-2014 Worthy News. All rights reserved.

Fair Use Notice:This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

41 Comments on this post.

• Walt Kam
    30 June 2014 at 12:26 pm - Reply
  • dan stuart
    30 June 2014 at 2:21 pm - Reply

The so called "church" just took another step down toward the Anti-Christ and the end times. Joel, Ken and Jim, not even surprised. Real Christians should pray for them, that they realize their path leads to destruction and repent.

• Glenn Stevens
      3 July 2014 at 4:13 am - Reply

We're living in perilous times just as the Bible teaches before the return of Christ. We are living in the last days and people abandoning the Faith and listening to doctrines of demons. I pray that the Church be like the Bereans and study the Word. A One World Government, One World Religion and One World Economy is being set up. Jesus taught us to watch for Him. He's coming for the Saints before the Terrible Day of the Lord !! Even Come Lord Jesus !! Amen !

• Anonymous
        22 July 2014 at 11:33 pm -

Yes, I agree. May He come quickly.

• Anonymous
    30 June 2014 at 8:17 pm - Reply

THAT MEETING LETS ME KNOW HOW PHONRY & GREEDY THESE MEN ARE! IF THEY WANT TO BE PART OF A CHURCH THAT PRAYS TO DEAD PEOPLE ! I WATCHED A CATHOLIC MASS SUNDAY TO ST. ANN ! THEY WERE PRAYING TO HER LIKE SHE WAS GOD! THAT TELLS ME HOW BAD THE C ATHOLIC CHURCH IS ! THESE MEN JUST WANT TO BE POPULAR WITH THE WORLD NOT THE LORD! THEY ARE PHONEY PHONEY PHONEY!! THEIR GOD IS MONEY!

• kim
      20 July 2014 at 11:35 am - Reply

having been a protestant for 30+ years and having been "taught" by non-catholics about catholic teachings I am compelled to shed a little light on the misunderstanding of "praying to the dead" If you can ask a friend or family member to pray for you and you believe that those who have gone before us are in fact alive then asking them to pray for you shouldn't be that far of a leap. Consider that the word Pray has multiple meanings … but basically it means to ask … to ask a friend to pray for you isn't expecting the fulfillment of the request to be divinely performed by the friend…it's asking for their intercession to God. Where 2 or 3 are gathered…. there is power in prayer and in unity in prayer.

• Troy
        25 July 2014 at 5:14 pm -

And yet it still begs the question: Why? Why put someone between yourself and God. If you are going to pray, why not spend that time directly communicating with God? It seems to me those who advocate such a practice are trying to sew back together a temple curtain that was intentionally and supernaturally ripped apart soon after Jesus uttered "It is finished!"

• S.K. Lee
    1 July 2014 at 5:55 am - Reply

ANOTHER sign of the end time being fulfilled.
    Let the the reamnant arise and proclaim the truth, this is leading up to joining forces with the false prophet, and the system of one world religion.

• Brian Hennessy
    1 July 2014 at 7:49 am - Reply

As a former Roman Catholic, I am fully aware that the Roman Church's so-called bloodless "sacrifice of the Mass" is an attempt to sacrifice Jesus over and over again for – as the official decrees of the Council of Trent declare – "both the living and the dead." 1 Cor. 10 20 declares such sacrifices an abomination. "For the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons and not God; and I DO WANT you o become sharers in demons. YOU CANNOT drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you CANNOT partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons." True followers of Messiah Jesus need to stay away from this apostasy that is rapidly forming.

• Angela
      6 July 2014 at 1:23 pm - Reply

Hear, hear.

• Paul Bortolazzo
    1 July 2014 at 10:48 am - Reply

Heretical quote of the day:

"There is no salvation outside the Roman Catholic Church." Pope Francis

• Paul Bortolazzo
      1 July 2014 at 11:10 am - Reply

Heresy of the day:

"If you're born again, you're all Catholics." Catholic Bishop Tony Palmer

• Paul Bortolazzo
    1 July 2014 at 6:18 pm - Reply

As we speak more and more Christian ministers are lining up to praise the Christian Man of the year, Pope Francis.

Ken Copeland, James Robison, Billy Graham, Jack Van Impe, Pat Robertson, Dr. Richard Land, Benny Hinn, are blaspheming when they call this deceiver, Holy Father! Tragically our Lord Jesus warned believers not to call anyone on earth your father, there is only One Holy Father, and He is in heaven.

• wandakate
      10 July 2014 at 6:31 pm - Reply

Paul: Where did you get your info about the various pastors including "Rev. Billy Graham" that you wrote in one of you comments here? Just curious.

• guest
    2 July 2014 at 11:22 am - Reply

Interesting that Pope Francis allowed an Inman to read from the Quran recently. He also calls Muslims "dear brothers".

• guest
      2 July 2014 at 11:24 am - Reply

Read the Quran at the Vatican.

• Anonymous
      2 July 2014 at 11:44 am - Reply

When a Muslim offers up prayers in a Christian church, he is taking it for Islam!

• Anonymous
    2 July 2014 at 11:42 am - Reply

Do you realize, when a Muslim offers up prayer in a Christian church, they are taking that church for Islam!

• Joshva
    2 July 2014 at 1:41 pm - Reply

Catholic church is responsible for the falling away of the people in Europe. Now, the end is very near.

• wandakate
    2 July 2014 at 4:27 pm - Reply

Doing "GOOD" is not going to get anyone into the Kingdom of GOD, but according to scripture only those to do the "WILL" of the FATHER in heaven. We must "obey" the word of GOD, and not the word of man.

• Anonymous
    2 July 2014 at 9:53 pm - Reply

I'm Am BorneAgain. I'm Baptized In The Holy Spirit. And I've been baptized In The Water. God you have your way, I know you don't need our opinion, but I believe this is showing how close it is till Jesus comes to get us=The Church. Come Lord Jesus Come. Love Your Daughter
    JoMarie

• Bob Whittinghill
    3 July 2014 at 11:44 pm - Reply
  • sonnybardin
    4 July 2014 at 6:36 am - Reply

In 1 kings 12 Rehoboam was sure it had to be Gods will that Israel & Judah reunite & he put things together to do it.But he Did not ask God !!!! & the Lord said Stop this division IS OF ME !!!! –Since Judah was at least partly faithful yo God yet Israel was in complete apostasy.—It s the some TODAY!!!! These preachers are not asking either . They are just ASSUMING & going. But God wont stop them this time for he fortells of the super church !!!!

• Angela
    6 July 2014 at 1:21 pm - Reply

If you look at most of the troubles in the worst countries persecuting Christians, what they do it hit our symbols. Or they attack a Sunday worship service, or a Christmas or Easter service, almost always a "church." Folks, there is no such thing as "church" in any of our Bibles (originally). The word is "called out" in Greek. It is synagogue (yes, seriously, synagogue, because it just means "meeting place" in Greek, not Hebrew). Lots of terms were used, fellowship…

If we were to return to living what Christ/Messiah left for us, if we go back past human conventions and constructs, much persecution for unrighteousness we would miss. How is it "Christian persecution" to suffer for a "mother of god"?

• Jerral Campfield
    6 July 2014 at 8:04 pm - Reply

Revelations 3:14 talks about the Church called Laodiceans the Apostate Church at the end of the church age and they are not hot or cold, but luke warm and are spued out. The Church is specical for it is people who have accept the Lord has a personal savior, who has redeemed us by the Blood of the Lamb. That is Jesus; I never thought I would see the day when anyone would claim it is my Church you need to belong to, to be saved. I heard of dogmatic people and we are seeing religious bodies that are drunken with selfishness. It is not my way, or your way that leads to heaven It is Gods way, HIs truth and His life that is the only route to heaven. Let's not be foolish and feel it is any church that is going to get you to your distanation. All roads do not lead to heaven, you better check the BIBLE B-asic; I-nstruction; B-efore; L-eaving; E-earth before it is to late and you have to have oil in your lamp. The Lord is knocking at your hearts door and if any man opens his/her door the Lord will come and sup with him/her. Now that is not the Church, but the temple of the Holy Spirit He breated into at creation. Only God can create a new nature from the old. Let God have His way, truth and life in you and watch what God is going to do as He lifts you to a higher plane than you can imagine. BLessing to you in this dark world of deception and shame.

• Julie Latham
    10 July 2014 at 12:11 am - Reply

I was raised as a Catholic and am well aware of their Lies, I have been Born Again since 1990. I am now and will be (until the Lord returns) a Protestant Bible believer and if I wanted to be a Catholic I would have stayed as I was. I am part of Christ's Church and these so called Evangelists in no way represent the True Church of Christ anymore (if ever they did?) they are an Abomination to God and to the Cross of Christ. I have prayed that the Goodness of God would cause these leaders to Repent/change their minds about the way they are going. They have sold out their flocks to the Romans, they have fallen from Grace!!!!! As it happened in the OT, the 10 leaders led Israel astray so it is in the NT, that the leaders are leading the Church astray, as it was in the beginning it will be in the end, God is sorting the wheat and tares.

• wandakate
      10 July 2014 at 6:25 pm - Reply

Julie Latham: I am very pleased to hear that you have "come out" of the Catholic Church. GOD has another purpose for you and it wasn't in that church.

I have known several people that have left the church. The Pope that they now have is here to set up the One World Religion of Chrislam (a mixture of Christianity and Islam). The New World Order, the One World Religion and the One World Government are for our lifetime and it's gonna be the wildest roller coaster ride ever.
      Many Christians are deceived and most won't even listen to the truth of the word. The want to hear what sounds good. They want that "feel good" gospel.
      We're all going to be right here until the 7th trumpet of Revelation. I hope you have read it. The seal and trumpet judgments are the judgments of Satan and the LORD will take out the church at the 7th trumpet before he brings the wrath of GOD on the unrepentant sinners. They will suffer the wrath of GOD as they go through the bowl/vial judgments, but we (the saved) will be here for the judgment (wrath) of Satan. The church is not appointed to wrath (that is, the wrath of GOD). PLEASE don't be misled (confused or deceived) like most people are. Bless you for doing what you did.
      Wandakate

• Anonymous
        22 July 2014 at 9:44 am -

All thes Thee Ex-Catholics commenting here…..where only Catholic in Name…..we call them CINO's sort of like Nancy Pelosi and John Kerry. They never "knew" the Catholic Church. So those that are listening to their pastors ABOUT the Catholic Church…please speak to a properly catechized Catholic about what we believe.Go on Catholic.com and enter ANY search and you will come up with what we believe. Would the Anti-Christ speak out against abortion,contraception and gay marriage?

• wandakate
        22 July 2014 at 11:18 am -

Just clarifying that I am not Catholic and never was…
        and to GLENN: The great and terrible day of the LORD will be the pouring out of the bowl judgments of which the "church" the ones to persevered to the end will not suffer, they won't be here for that. However, they will be here for all of the other judgments such as the seals and the trumpets that John wrote about in Revelation. The seals and trumpets are the wrath of Satan and the bowls are the wrath of GOD of which we are not apart of.
        Some get confused with that and think that just because it says in scripture that we are not appointed to wrath, it means that we will be out of here before the Antichrist appears and that is NOT what's going to happen. Please study the scriptures. JESUS doesn't come back until the blowing of the 7th trumpet. Read that right after the part where you read about the two witnesses.

Blessings

• dalit
    28 July 2014 at 10:09 am - Reply

we should unite because of hard times coming. We will need each other as allies as in war. that said, the sense of "supremacy" that was at the core of his speech, & the direction he was advising us to take was a turn off. the 1/st church was Not 1, had not just 1 leader & was called" the Way", or Nazzereens or Messianics. & the fathers he was trying to unite us to was , I think, all catholic! Nuff said

• Martha Benton
      2 August 2014 at 6:58 pm - Reply

You need to go to that site I recommended and watch the videos. They will tell you the facts and the truth. Jesus is not coming before the pouring out of the bowls, but you are right that His TRUE Christians will not be harmed by them. If you are attending church on Sunday, you are following the Catholic rule. THEY are the ones that changed the day. Not God. Not Jesus. The Sabbath is Saturday, Jesus said either you follow ALL of God's Commandments or you are not a follower of Him. He kept the Sabbath. His disciples and apostles kept the Sabbath. I keep the Sabbath thanks to finally learning the truth. And it is us that they will come after if we do not agree to stop worshiping on Saturday and switch to Sunday like they command. Jesus warned us of this, and we are praying that the Holy Spirit will fill our hearts and minds and keep our faith strong. They will have to come drag us out of our churches on Saturday. God will give us the strength and the power to do His will.

• Peggy
    1 August 2014 at 3:42 pm - Reply

People read the scriptures and find out for yourself what it says. This man is not speaking the truth at all. He is preparing the way for the One World Order listen to what he says. Lord have mercy for the teachers and preachers priests and men that call themselves men of G-d will answer for the many sheep falling away for their pretty words that our itching ears want to hear. Father You be the judge of the words any of us speak to the people and cause them to fall away. The ones in charge signed not all the protestants signed just those in charge. Ephesians 2:8-9 [Full Chapter]

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Revelation 22:18

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll.

That was not a mans prayer that was dying those were the Lord's words praying for those who truly were following Him and Him alone not any man but The Lord of Israel.

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

25 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26 I have made you[e] known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

False prophets, people wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthew 7:15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Isaiah 44:25

who foils the signs of false prophets and makes fools of diviners, who overthrows the learning of the wise and turns it into nonsense,

Jeremiah 14:14

Then the Lord said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds.

Jeremiah 23:16

This is what the Lord Almighty says: “Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord.

Jeremiah 50:36

A sword against her false prophets! They will become fools. A sword against her warriors! They will be filled with terror.

Lamentations 2:14

The visions of your prophets were false and worthless; they did not expose your sin to ward off your captivity. The prophecies they gave you were false and misleading.

Ezekiel 13:1

[ False Prophets Condemned ] The word of the Lord came to me:

Ezekiel 13:9

My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and utter lying divinations. They will not belong to the council of my people or be listed in the records of Israel, nor will they enter the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign Lord.

Ezekiel 22:28

Her prophets whitewash these deeds for them by false visions and lying divinations. They say, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says’—when the Lord has not spoken.

Hosea 11:6

A sword will flash in their cities; it will devour their false prophets and put an end to their plans.

Micah 2:6

[ False Prophets ] “Do not prophesy,” their prophets say. “Do not prophesy about these things; disgrace will not overtake us.”

Matthew 7:15

[ True and False Prophets ] “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Matthew 24:11

and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

Matthew 24:24

For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Mark 13:22

For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Luke 6:26

Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

2 Peter 2:1

[ False Teachers and Their Destruction ] But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.

1 John 4:1

[ On Denying the Incarnation ] Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

• Martha Benton
    2 August 2014 at 6:45 pm - Reply

This is what Jesus told John in Revelation. The beast from the sea is the Roman Catholics. They will overcome the Christians and if you don't join them, you will be persecuted, even put to death. They killed millions of Christians which is why the other religions gave in and followed their example of worshiping on Sunday. Saturday has been the Sabbath since God created the earth/man and then proclaimed the seventh day…Saturday to be sanctified. That has never changed except through the Catholics. And they admit they did this. And them doing that was prophesied by Daniel. I attended a seminar on decoding Daniel and Revelation. ALL Christians should do this as it sure will open your eyes to the truth. It's in the Bible, and everything the Bible says is backed up by history and it happening just as God's Word said it would.

http://www.propheciesdecoded.com/ You can watch it on line here.

• Anonymous
    4 August 2014 at 12:18 am - Reply

Looks like the wheat from the tares here. Do not follow the masses!!!!!! This is a gathering together for the tares and they shall be burned.

• wandakate
      4 August 2014 at 9:55 am - Reply

This is a gathering of a plan thought out for years, years in the making of a plan that will turn out to have an effect on the whole wide world. To join Christians, Muslims and Catholics to form CHRISLAM! A ONE WORLD RELIGION is the result of these meetings with the Pope, Copeland and Robison. He also met with Joel Osteen, and I read even John Hagee. Everything starts somewhere and seeds are now being scattered for the forming of this new religion/church.
      The world as we know it is rapidly changing right before my very eyes and it's not going to be any fun. We as Christians have a lot of serious work to do to try to win the lost before it's too late. The forces are evil are upon mankind. LIFE: what is life? It's a spiritual battle between the forces of good and evil and in the end to determine who will win. Satan will be a defeated foe, but in the meantime all hell has to break loose. The best mission is to get out GOD's truth so the people will at least know what's ahead so they can prepare for it from a physical, mental, and spiritual standpoint. Otherwise they will be caught off guard, in the dark and won't know which way to turn or what to do.

• Greg Crocker
    4 August 2014 at 11:46 am - Reply
  • Barry Paul
    4 August 2014 at 11:34 pm - Reply

dear sir as a subscriber to your water for life ministry I am very concerned with your meeting with the pope, as a bible believing Christian I cannot see how an organization like the roman catholic church has any common ground on witch to come into fellowship . They will never change their doctrine.
    According to the book of revelation she is the woman who rides the beast. If this man is embracing islam and every other false doctrine in the world why are you and Kenneth copland getting involved with him ,I have heard the statement that if anyone is born again then they are catholic this is absolute rubbish This organisation has killed more jews and Christians than any other EVER.

• Make us your homepage

What is Worthy News?

Worthy News is an independent Christian news agency which reports news not covered by other outlets, on key developments in a rapidly changing world. Worthy News reaches both Christians and non-Christians around the globe and strives to be balanced and make a difference in these strategic times.

Worthy News. Reliable-Trustworthy-Cutting Edge