JERUSALEM (Worthy News)– The security cabinet convened in Tel Aviv on Friday morning to discuss the cease-fire agreement and negotiations taking place between Israel and the Palestinians in Cairo, the Jerusalem Post reported.
The meeting is the second of its kind in 24 hours, as the cabinet also discussed matters on Thursday night.
Media reports stated that the Islamic Jihad’s Ziad al-Nakhaleh confirmed that Palestinian groups have agreed to delay negotiations over the airport and seaport, signifying what could be a step towards both sides coming to a compromise. — Source
Israeli official confirms US nixed arms shipment; pols argue over who’s to blame – Times of Israel
A senior Israeli official confirmed to Israeli media that the US had suspended a shipment of Hellfire missiles to Israel amid worsening ties over fighting in Gaza.
The decision to hold off on the transfer was most likely on grounds of increased diplomatic tension, the official said, corroborating a Wall Street Journal report earlier in the day that claimed the White House and State Department had been angered by a transfer of arms to Israel and had ordered greater oversight into future sales.
The report claimed that US-Israeli tensions are at a record high, with US President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said to hold a “particularly combative phone call on Wednesday” and officials on both sides resorting to name-calling.