Worthy Christian News » US News » New California State Regulations Mandate Pro-Homosexual Curriculum
Sacramento, CA - The California Department of Education's Tax Force has finalized twelve pro-homosexual recommended mandates for public schools to follow. These recommended mandates include:
* Integrating pro-homosexual viewpoints throughout all public school curriculum
* Requiring the personal questioning of children regarding homosexuality and transsexuals
* Using taxpayer dollars to establish "gay/straight alliances" on campuses
* Establish a response system whose purpose will be to "provide rehabilitation to perpetrators" of discrimination against homosexuals and transsexuals
* Required training of every public school teacher and staff member on how to implement these regulations.
Some of these recommendations will be adopted upon review by the California Board of Education. Those involving funding will have to be approved by the California State Legislature. Many will be simply initiated by executive order through Governor Gray Davis. The task force constructed these recommendations for the purpose of implementing AB537 which was signed into law last year.
"When implemented, we intend to challenge these overreaching state mandates which will virtually shut the coffin on the rights of parents with children in all California public schools," said Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute.
The Pacific Justice Institute is a non-profit 501(c)(3) legal defense organization specializing in the defense of religious freedom, parental rights, and other civil liberties.