Worthy Christian News » US News » Goals of Sharm Conference Achieved
Jerusalem Tuesday, October 17, 2000
The goals of the Sharm E-Sheikh conference have been achieved:
1. A declaration by US President Bill Clinton obligating the sides to end the violence and calm the mood on the ground immediately;
2. Concrete obligations to put an end to the current crisis including a halt to the incitement;
3. Detailed security understandings on all relevant issues;
4. The security understandings have been deposited with the US which will monitor their implementation on the ground;
5. An international commission of inquiry has not been established. US President Bill Clinton will appoint a fact-finding committee and publish its report;
6. The US will, in the next two weeks, consider the basis upon which it will be possible to resume the negotiations in the future;
7. The real test of the results of the Sharm conference will be in their implementation on the ground.
Used with Permission from International Christian Embassy Jerusalem.