Wednesday, September 13, 2017 | Tag Cloud
, Rex Tillerson
, United States
, White House
, Worthy News
(Worthy News) - Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's team won't attempt to claw back $75 million in U.S. aid provided to Israel, a department official confirmed Tuesday.
"They're going to get the money," State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert told reporters.
Tillerson was reportedly interested in asking Israel to return $75 million allocated by Congress at the end of last year. That would have been a departure of the Trump administration's policy as recently as May, when the White House pledged that same amount of money to support Israel's missile defense program.
"Israel is an important, trusted ally of the United States," Nauert said. "That hasn't changed and that won't change. We have a strong relationship with Israel." [ Source:Washington Examiner (Read More...) ]
Copyright 1999-2017 Worthy News. All rights reserved.
Fair Use Notice:This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.