Relief Convoys In Ukraine Hampered By Attacks


By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News

war in ukraine worthy christian news

KYIV/BUDAPEST (Worthy News) – Emergency relief and evacuation convoys for the besieged Ukrainian city of Mariupol remained in doubt Friday following reports of Russian interference. At the same time, Russian officials accused Ukraine of flying helicopter gunships across the border between the two countries and striking an oil depot inside Russia.

The International Committee for the Red Cross (ICRC) said complex logistics were still being worked out to get emergency aid into Mariupol and civilians out of the city.

As many as 160,000 people are trapped there amid heavy fighting with dwindling water, food, and medical supplies.

The ICRC said, “it’s running out of adjectives to describe the horrors that residents in Mariupol have suffered.”

It explained that piecing together safe passage for the route with the parties has been “extremely complex.” That’s because all the details must be agreed upon and well understood by all sides and then communicated down the chain of command and to the residents of Mariupol.

The humanitarian organization had said it plans to lead a convoy on Friday of 54 Ukrainian buses and private cars out of the devastated city.

These difficulties came despite top-level Ukrainian and Russian authorities approving the plan for further evacuations from Mariupol.

KREMLIN WARNING

However, the Kremlin warned that peace negotiations on Friday were undermined by an alleged Ukrainian airstrike on Russia’s territory.

It said Ukrainian helicopters attacked an oil depot in Belgorod – a Russian city just north of Ukraine.

Russia had reported shelling from Ukraine before, including an incident last week that killed a military chaplain, but not an incursion of its airspace. The governor of the Belgorod region said the alleged airstrike caused multiple fires, and two people were injured.

Elsewhere Russian forces were under pressure including in the Chernihiv region of northern Ukraine, but the governor stressed they had not yet left entirely.

Britain’s Ministry of Defense also said Ukraine has continued to make “successful but limited” counterattacks to the east and northeast of Kyiv, the capital. “We are happy with the news that Russian troops are moving away. But we remain in combat readiness,” noted a Ukrainian soldier defending Kyiv.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky says Russian forces are regrouping elsewhere “in the Donbas region, Mariupol, and the Kharkiv area,” where he claims “they are preparing for powerful strikes” in the ongoing war.

18
people are currently praying.

💡 Did you know? One of the best ways you can support Worthy News is by simply leaving a comment and sharing this article.

📢 Social media algorithms push content further when there’s more engagement — so every 👍 like, 💬 comment, and 🔄 share helps more people discover the truth. 🙌

Latest Worthy News

U.S. Removes Highly Enriched Uranium From Venezuela in Secret Nuclear Security Mission
Netanyahu, Trump Discuss Iran War Options as Tensions Rise After UAE Nuclear Plant Drone Strike
Franklin Graham Says ‘God Did A Miracle’ In Belarus After Largest Evangelical Rally In Nation’s History
WHO Declares Congo-Uganda Ebola Outbreak International Emergency After 80 Deaths
Hungary’s PM Magyar Opens Orbán’s Former Luxury Office Complex To Public (Worthy News In-Depth)
Israel Targets Hamas Leader In Gaza Airstrike Amid Fragile Ceasefire
Suspected Islamist Militants Attack Nigerian School; Dozens Of Students Missing
Federal Court Blocks Texas Border Security Law, Abbott To Appeal
U.S. Announces 45-Day Extension of Lebanon Ceasefire as Hezbollah Fighting Continues Along Israel’s Northern Border
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. All rights reserved.

If you are interested in articles produced by Worthy News, please check out our FREE sydication service available to churches or online Christian ministries. To find out more, visit Worthy Plugins.

Worthy Christian News