by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Islamic extremists abducted 52 Christians from one county in Nigeria’s Kaduna state in the last month, Morning Star News (MSN) reports.
On June 28, Muslim terrorists went house to house and kidnapped 16 people from the predominantly Christian village of Sabon Gero in Kaduna state’s Chikun County, MSN reports.
Then, on the night of July 25, Muslim terrorists kidnapped a further 36 people from Chikun County, this time in a shooting attack on Keke B Community area of Millennium City: “The Muslim terrorists attacked the community at about 9 p.m., shooting at the people, and broke into their houses and forcefully took away the victims to an unknown place,” Area resident Narin Barde said in a text message to Morning Star News.
In a July 20 statement about Christians being kidnapped in Kaduna, chairman of the Southern Kaduna Christian Leaders Association (SKCLA), Pastor Emmanuel Nuhu Kure, said: “The rising cases of priests being kidnapped and in some cases killed by their abductors, even after receiving ransoms, is worrisome. We pray God to expose these killers and rescue all Christians in the den of their kidnappers.”
In addition to ranking first in the world for abductions of Christians, Nigeria ranked first in the world for the number of Christians murdered by Islamic terrorists last year: 4,650 in 2021, up from 3,530 in 2020, the Open Doors Christian advocacy group reported. Rights groups have longed warned of a Christian genocide in Nigeria.
Nigeria ranked number one in the world last year for the number of Christians kidnapped by Islamic jihadists on account of their faith.
If you are interested in articles produced by Worthy News, please check out our FREE sydication service available to churches or online Christian ministries. To find out more, visit Worthy Plugins.