Mozambique: Islamic State behead two Christians


by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent

mozambique worthy ministries

(Worthy News) – Two Christian men in northern Mozambique were beheaded by local Islamic State terrorists on July 30, the Barnabas Fund reports.

Last month’s two murders were claimed by the Islamic State (IS) of Mozambique, known locally as al-Shabaab, Barnabas Fund said. In a statement confirming responsibility for the killings, IS-Mozambique said: “By the grace of God Almighty, the soldiers of the Caliphate … killed two Christians, beheading them, and shooting them with weapons.”

The two Christians were killed near the village of Nova Zambézia in Macomia district, Cabo Delgado, Barnabas Fund said. The region of Cabo Delgado fell under the control of Islamic militant insurgents in 2017; it is now known as “the Land of Fear” due to acts of extreme violence carried out against Christians and moderate Muslims. A number of Christians were beheaded in Cabo Delgado in June last year.

“Christians, mostly Roman Catholics, constitute 59% of Mozambique’s population; Muslims comprise 19%,” advocacy group Christian Persecution said in a website statement. “However, the Islamic State (ISIS) has begun to step up operations in the country’s gas-rich northeast, where the Muslim population is largely concentrated,” Christian Persecution explained.

Mozambique ranks 41st on the US Open Doors World Watch List 2022 of the top 50 countries where Christians are persecuted on account of their faith.

15
people are currently praying.

💡 Did you know? One of the best ways you can support Worthy News is by simply leaving a comment and sharing this article.

📢 Social media algorithms push content further when there’s more engagement — so every 👍 like, 💬 comment, and 🔄 share helps more people discover the truth. 🙌

Latest Worthy News

U.S. Removes Highly Enriched Uranium From Venezuela in Secret Nuclear Security Mission
Netanyahu, Trump Discuss Iran War Options as Tensions Rise After UAE Nuclear Plant Drone Strike
Franklin Graham Says ‘God Did A Miracle’ In Belarus After Largest Evangelical Rally In Nation’s History
WHO Declares Congo-Uganda Ebola Outbreak International Emergency After 80 Deaths
Hungary’s PM Magyar Opens Orbán’s Former Luxury Office Complex To Public (Worthy News In-Depth)
Israel Targets Hamas Leader In Gaza Airstrike Amid Fragile Ceasefire
Suspected Islamist Militants Attack Nigerian School; Dozens Of Students Missing
Federal Court Blocks Texas Border Security Law, Abbott To Appeal
U.S. Announces 45-Day Extension of Lebanon Ceasefire as Hezbollah Fighting Continues Along Israel’s Northern Border
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. All rights reserved.

If you are interested in articles produced by Worthy News, please check out our FREE sydication service available to churches or online Christian ministries. To find out more, visit Worthy Plugins.

Worthy Christian News