U.S. Embassy Urges Immediate Evacuation from Iraq Amid Imminent Terror Threat


baghdad iraq worthy ministriesby Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Washington D.C. Bureau Chief

(Worthy News) – The United States Embassy in Baghdad issued an urgent security alert Thursday, warning American citizens to leave Iraq immediately due to credible threats of attacks by Iran-aligned terrorist militias within the next 24 to 48 hours.

According to the embassy, intelligence indicates that militia groups tied to Iran may carry out coordinated attacks in central Baghdad, targeting U.S. citizens and locations associated with American interests. These groups have a documented history of launching attacks across Iraq, including in the Kurdistan region.

Officials cautioned that some militants may attempt to disguise themselves as Iraqi government personnel, even carrying official identification, increasing the risk and complexity of the threat environment.

The warning follows the reported abduction of American journalist Shelly Kittleson earlier this week in Baghdad. U.S. and Iraqi authorities have linked a suspect in the kidnapping to the Iran-backed Kataib Hezbollah militia.

Potential targets outlined in the alert include diplomatic facilities, businesses, energy infrastructure, hotels, and transportation hubs such as airports. The embassy also emphasized an elevated risk of kidnappings specifically targeting Americans.

The U.S. State Department continues to maintain a Level 4 “Do Not Travel” advisory for Iraq, its highest warning level, citing terrorism, armed conflict, and limited ability to provide assistance to U.S. citizens in the country.

Americans still in Iraq are being urged to depart immediately, with overland routes to neighboring countries recommended due to ongoing airspace restrictions.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump signaled that broader hostilities with Iran may be nearing a conclusion. In remarks Wednesday evening, he said U.S. military operations under Operation Epic Fury have achieved significant objectives.

“As we speak, it’s been just one month since the United States military began Operation Epic Fury,” Trump said. “Our armed forces have delivered decisive victories… Iran’s navy is gone, their air force is in ruins.”

Despite those claims, the embassy’s warning underscores that threats from Iran-backed militias across the region remain acute and potentially escalating.

19
people are currently praying.

💡 Did you know? One of the best ways you can support Worthy News is by simply leaving a comment and sharing this article.

📢 Social media algorithms push content further when there’s more engagement — so every 👍 like, 💬 comment, and 🔄 share helps more people discover the truth. 🙌

Latest Worthy News

Federal Court Blocks Texas Border Security Law, Abbott To Appeal
U.S. Announces 45-Day Extension of Lebanon Ceasefire as Hezbollah Fighting Continues Along Israel’s Northern Border
Rubio Says He Would Back JD Vance in 2028, Keeps Focus on State Department Role
Ukraine Launches Major Drone Barrage On Russia, Killing At Least Four
US, Nigeria Say Senior Islamic State Leader Killed In Joint Operation
Bulgaria Wins Eurovision; Israel Finishes Second Amid Boycotts
Italy Car-Ramming Attack Injures Eight Amid Europe’s Migration Debate
Trump Joins ‘Rededicate 250’ Prayer Rally Amid Debate Over Faith In Public Life
Trump-Xi Summit Signals New Global Power Shift Amid Taiwan, Iran Tensions (Worthy News In-Depth)
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. All rights reserved.

If you are interested in articles produced by Worthy News, please check out our FREE sydication service available to churches or online Christian ministries. To find out more, visit Worthy Plugins.

Worthy Christian News