Trump Gives Iran ‘Two Or Three Days’ To Offer Peace Deal As Nuclear Standoff Deepens


trump iran war oil prices worthy christian newsby Emmitt Barry, Worthy News Washington D.C. Bureau Chief

(Worthy News) – President Donald Trump said Iran has only a “limited period of time” to present a serious peace proposal, warning that U.S. military strikes could resume if Tehran refuses to meet Washington’s demands over its nuclear program.

Speaking to reporters near the White House on May 19, Trump said the Iranian regime understood that the United States had been close to launching a pre-planned attack before he suspended the operation.

“They knew I was getting ready to attack,” Trump said. “I didn’t tell them. I never tell anybody when. But they knew that we were very close.”

Trump said he had been “an hour away” from making the final decision to proceed with strikes, but chose to pause after receiving appeals from Gulf Arab leaders who said negotiations were underway.

The president said he has now given Iranian officials “two or three days” — possibly until the weekend or early next week — to come forward with an acceptable deal.

“We can’t let them have a new nuclear weapon,” Trump said, warning that a nuclear-armed Iran would first threaten Israel and then move against Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the United Arab Emirates, and Qatar.

U.S. Forces Told To Remain Ready

Trump’s comments came one day after he wrote on Truth Social that he had ordered U.S. forces to be prepared for a “full, large scale assault of Iran, on a moment’s notice,” if negotiations fail.

The president said the suspended strikes had been planned for Tuesday but were delayed after leaders from Saudi Arabia, the UAE, and Qatar urged him to hold off while “serious negotiations” continued.

Trump has repeatedly warned that the fragile ceasefire reached in mid-April could collapse if Iran refuses to make a deal. Over the weekend, he posted that “the Clock is Ticking” for Tehran and warned that “there won’t be anything left of them” if the regime fails to move quickly.

In recent days, Trump has also discussed the Iran war with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Chinese leader Xi Jinping, as Washington attempts to pressure Tehran while preventing a wider regional war.

Iran Rejects U.S. Demand On Uranium Stockpile

A central sticking point remains Iran’s stockpile of highly enriched uranium.

Trump said Thursday that the United States will eventually recover the uranium, despite Iranian statements that it will not be handed over.

“We will get it,” Trump told reporters at the White House. “We don’t need it, we don’t want it. We’ll probably destroy it after we get it, but we’re not going to let them have it.”

Iran is believed to possess roughly 900 pounds of highly enriched uranium, though it remains unclear how much survived earlier U.S. and Israeli strikes on Iranian nuclear sites.

According to Reuters, two senior Iranian sources said Iran’s Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Mojtaba Khamenei, has issued a directive that the country’s near-weapons-grade uranium must not be sent abroad. The sources said Iran’s leadership believes transferring the material out of the country would leave Tehran more vulnerable to future U.S. or Israeli attacks.

The order could further complicate Trump’s effort to secure a broader agreement involving Iran and Israel.

Israeli officials have told Reuters that Trump assured Israel any deal must include provisions requiring Iran’s enriched uranium to leave the country. Netanyahu has said the war cannot be considered over until Iran’s enriched uranium is removed, Tehran ends support for proxy militias, and its ballistic missile capabilities are eliminated.

Tehran Threatens Wider War

Iranian officials, meanwhile, have issued fresh threats against the United States and its allies.

Iranian General Ali Abdollahi, in remarks carried by state-run Tasnim News, warned that if Iran’s enemies “commit another mistake,” Tehran would respond with “power and capabilities far greater” than in the previous phase of the conflict.

Tasnim also reported that new fronts in the war could be opened if the U.S. military launches renewed attacks.

Since the start of the conflict, Iran and allied groups in Iraq have launched drone attacks targeting Gulf Arab states, including countries hosting U.S. military bases. The UAE recently accused Iran of carrying out drone and missile attacks despite the ceasefire.

On Sunday, a drone strike sparked a fire near the edge of the UAE’s lone nuclear power plant. Emirati authorities called it an “unprovoked terrorist attack,” though they did not publicly assign blame.

Oil Markets Under Pressure

The war has also placed heavy pressure on global energy markets.

Shipping through the Strait of Hormuz has been severely restricted since the conflict began, contributing to a sharp rise in oil prices. Brent crude has climbed above $110 per barrel, while average U.S. gasoline prices have remained around $4.50 or higher in recent days.

The Strait of Hormuz remains one of the world’s most critical oil routes, and any extended disruption could increase economic pressure on the United States, Europe, and energy-dependent nations around the world.

For now, Trump is signaling that diplomacy has only a narrow window. Iran is demanding a permanent end to the war and firm guarantees that the United States and Israel will not launch future attacks. Washington and Jerusalem, however, are insisting that Tehran must surrender or neutralize the nuclear material that could bring it closer to a bomb.

8
people are currently praying.

💡 Did you know? One of the best ways you can support Worthy News is by simply leaving a comment and sharing this article.

📢 Social media algorithms push content further when there’s more engagement — so every 👍 like, 💬 comment, and 🔄 share helps more people discover the truth. 🙌

Latest Worthy News

Baltic States On High Alert After Drone Alert, Russian Threats
US Envoy Suggests Washington Could Expand Presence In Greenland
Trump Plans Talks With Taiwan’s President As China, Russia Condemn US Policy
Hungary’s New Prime Minister Moves To Bar Orbán From Returning To Power
Russia Threatens To Attack Baltic NATO States Over Alleged Ukraine Drone Launches
Israeli Christian Leader Pushes For Official Recognition And Representation
Israel’s Knesset Advances Dissolution Bill, Moving Nation Closer To Early Elections
Pressure Mounting On Cuban Regime As Raul Castro Indicted In U.S.
Revised Bipartisan Housing Bill Passes U.S. House, One Step Closer To Becoming Law
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. All rights reserved.

If you are interested in articles produced by Worthy News, please check out our FREE sydication service available to churches or online Christian ministries. To find out more, visit Worthy Plugins.

Worthy Christian News