Pentagon Tests Long-banned Ballistic Missile over Pacific


(Worthy News) – The Pentagon on Thursday flight-tested a missile that had been banned under a treaty that the United States and Russia abandoned last summer. Some U.S. arms control advocates said the test risks an unnecessary arms race with Moscow.

The prototype missile was configured to be armed with a non-nuclear warhead. The Pentagon declined to disclose specifics beyond saying thew missile was launched from a “static launch stand” at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California and landed in the open ocean. The Defense Department said the ballistic missile flew more than 500 miles.

The test comes amid growing uncertainty about the future of arms control. The last remaining treaty limitation on U.S. and Russian nuclear weapons — the New Start treaty of 2010 — is scheduled to expire in February 2021. That treaty can be extended for as long as five years without requiring a renegotiation of its main terms. The Trump administration has indicated little interest in doing so. [ Source: VOA News (Read More…) ]

16
people are currently praying.

💡 Did you know? One of the best ways you can support Worthy News is by simply leaving a comment and sharing this article.

📢 Social media algorithms push content further when there’s more engagement — so every 👍 like, 💬 comment, and 🔄 share helps more people discover the truth. 🙌

Latest Worthy News

Massive Hong Kong Tower Fire Sparks Manslaughter Arrests
More Bodies Found After Deadly Floods, Landslides In Indonesia
Poland Resists EU Court Order On Same-Sex Marriage Recognition
Orbán Expected To Visit Moscow For Talks With Putin, But Trip Remains Unconfirmed (Worthy News Focus)
Two National Guardsmen Critically Wounded in Ambush Near White House; Suspect Identified as Afghan Immigrant Who Entered U.S. in 2021
Four Christian Workers Abducted In Pakistan After Seeking Lawful Wages
Trump Claims ‘Real Progress’ On Ending War In Ukraine; Russia Makes ‘Concessions’
Pentagon Investigating US Senator Over ‘Breaches of Military Law’ (Worthy News Focus)
Over 300 Catholic Students Kidnapped In Nigeria As Updated Figures Reveal Worst Attack In Years (Worthy News In-Depth)
Fair Use Notice:This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.

Worthy Christian News