by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – The US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is planning to review classified documents pertaining to the September 11 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center in order to see which could be made public, Israel National News (INN) reports.
On Monday the FBI sent a letter to the US attorney for the southern district of New York saying that the Bureau “has decided to review” certain classified documents and will “identify additional information appropriate for disclosure,” INN said. The FBI “will disclose such information on a rolling basis as expeditiously as possible,” the letter read.
The FBI is planning the review as part of a lawsuit filed by families of September 11 victims against Saudi Arabia and other countries that may have been accomplices in the tragedy, INN said. In 2016 Congress passed legislation allowing lawsuits against Saudi Arabia, on the basis of 15 years of evidence suggesting a link between this country and the attacks.
Relatives and survivors last week published a letter signed by 1700 people, calling for the release of all documents and information “that our government has accrued in its investigation” of the September 11 attacks.
While several previous US administrations have not wanted to publish certain documents, President Joe Biden has said he is in favor of the review. “My administration is committed to ensuring the maximum degree of transparency under the law, and to adhering to the rigorous guidance … on the invocation of the state secrets privilege,” Biden said in a statement.
If you are interested in articles produced by Worthy News, please check out our FREE sydication service available to churches or online Christian ministries. To find out more, visit Worthy Plugins.